In the same way that we keep our body fit and healthy and make sure we are free from any unwanted disease as with any other appliance in your possession. You want to make sure that your website is top-notch because your website plays an important role in the success of your business. especially in today’s time. Thus, a website health check plays an important role.
Your website is the backbone of your business, supporting all of your digital marketing efforts. It’s pedantic that the health of your website is regularly checked to ensure the best performance, reliability, and effectiveness.
And it is also recommended by various technical experts that you must have regular website health checks to protect your site, online brand, and reputation.
Importance of Website Health Check
There are some points of importance of a website health check:
- A website health check is a must for any business. This enables you to determine the various outcoming in your website that you might have overlooked
- Website health check not only helps you to pinpoint your weakness but also helps you to overcome your weakness in the most effective manner
- This helps you to get a better understanding of your site performance and increase your traffic rates
- Helps you to do audits which in place helps your website to be as user-friendly as possible
- Checks your firewall rules are in line and whether the whitelist is updated or not and much more features
- Make sure your website is in the green zone to ensure better performance and improve the speed and performance of your website
- Check the abnormal drops in your website and notify you regarding this. Keep the checks of your spike in traffic
- Ensures that your website is visible to your targeted audience all the time
- Ensure that your SEO is at best and user friendly
- Ensure that your content is up to the mark and your meta description is proper
- Choose the right tools and the most critical alerts to be sent
- Tools include: Uptime Robot, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Pulls the data from sites like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Search Console, HotJar, social media platforms, and many more
- Set up custom dashboards focusing on KPIs and metrics
Ways to do your Website Health Check
Keeping your website at the top is of utmost and there are various tools to help you in keeping the check of your website. They can perform a quick health check that will provide you with a diagnosis of the technical problems arising from your website and multiple ways in which you can deal with them.
In this guide, we will be showing you how in five ways you can do your website health check by yourself be it at home or office.
Convenient right! Without further ado let us get started.
Step#1. Check page speed via Google’s Page Speed Test
- To check your website page speed you can use Google’s Page Speed Test tool which is very convenient and free of cost. This tool is very user-friendly and is almost used by every other website owner
- To do this go and open your website URL then select Analyze button shown on your screen
- Then your google will display the results of your website speed score. This score can be shown in both your laptop and mobile versions. You can use any one of them
- Using these tools helps you determine the lagging point and you can address your problem through this
- Other tools you can use for speed check are Google Page Speed Insights, GTMetrix Page Speed Tester, or Pingdom Website Speed Test
Step#2. Mobile-Friendly test via Google mobile-friendly test tool
- Most of your users might use their cellphones to browse and it is very important for any site to be as mobile-friendly as possible
- If your site is up to their satisfaction then they will visit your sites as much as possible. So how can you check mobile-friendly test use?
- Use Google mobile-friendly test tool
- To check, just enter the URL of your website and click on ‘Analyze’. Now from the results, see if your website is mobile-friendly or not
- And if not then you need to make your website user-friendly as soon as possible
- Other sites for the mobile-friendly test are SmallSeotools, Sitchecker.pro
Step#3. Get Score for your website security and SEO via Website Grader
- For any user website, security is at top of their list; they do not want any leak in their data and if the websites lack security then they would most definitely switch to other sites
- To get a score or check for your website security and SEO you can use
- Use Hubspot’s free audit tool called Website Grader
- Enter the URL of your website and click on ‘Get Your Answer.’
- Now the application will audit your site and within seconds you will get a breakdown of scores for performance, mobile, SEO, and security.
- Another website you can use SEOchecker, Checkbotio
Step#4. Check your links via Dead Link Checker or Broken link checker
- Too many broken links can have a negative impact on PageRank, and low PageRank can have a negative impact on sales
- Quickly analyze the range of bad links on your site using tools such as the Dead Link Checker
- Another free and easy-to-use option is broken link checking
- Discuss the results of the report with the web developer
- Other sites to check are ScanURL, PhishTank., Google Transparency Report, and VirusTotal
Step#5. Website performance via Google analytics tools
- Your Analytics account gives you access to information about web traffic, website speed, page load times, and high and low-performance pages
- Google Search Console is another free tool you can use for this purpose
- Other sites to check website performance are Pingdom and GTMetrix
You may also like:
- How To Rank Higher On Google (10 Simple Steps)
- 3 Easy Ways To Increase Your Domain Authority
- What is the Importance of Backlinks for SEO Performance?
You can increase your web traffic and convert these visits to sales on your website with a clean bill of health. Your website health affects your website performance, sales, and marketing.
So make sure you follow all the steps mentioned above to improve your website performance.
I hope this blog has helped you to do your website health check by yourself. Keep learning and keep supporting!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best tools to check website health?
The tools to check website health are:
- PageSpeed Insights
- Broken Link Check
- GT Metrix
- Small Seo Tools
How broken links can affect your website health?
Too many broken links can have a negative impact on PageRank, and low PageRank can have a negative impact on sales.
What is the main importance of a website health check?
Website health check not only helps you to pinpoint your weakness but also helps you to overcome your weakness in the most effective manner.